Hatch-Along - Setting eggs week of February 8th!! Who's joining me?

Me! I should be setting some Orpington eggs the 8th, and maybe some mixes just for fun :) At least that's the plan for now - if the person who wants to buy the Orpingtons from me backs out then I won't, but I hope I will be!

I plan to set 2 dozen in the next day or two. Not sure how they will turn out. Bought a used homemade bator. But not like I have a lack of eggs to play with it. lol.

Last edited:
I ordered 30 eggs "Hens Choice"; Ameraucanas, Barnevelders, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, Black Copper Marans, Blue Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Olive Eggers, Welsummers, Wheaten Marans. They are Shipping Feb 18th from TX to California. Not sure if this is the wrong thread since you all will be way ahead of me. But I'm looking for some hand holding through this process. I hatched out chicks once from one of those plastic dome bators that hold 3 eggs, but that was 50 years ago.
old.gif

Okay, so, I bought my eggs from a member here, and his wife was on the way to the post office. But she got in the middle of a car accident. Thankfully she is okay, but my eggs broke. They won't get here until around the 9-11th of this month. I will be behind, but It's fine.

Hey animal lover11, i have a leghorn who just lasid her first egg at 17 weeks , glad you joined BYC, you will love the leghorns, very friendly birds.

Well here goes!! Just set 5 Pekin duck eggs today. Will set what RIR eggs I have tomorrow. So far I have 13. But will get what they lay today and tomorrow. Only gathering the nicest eggs for this new project. Hopefully the duck egg r fertile. The male seems to like the younger girl better. These r from the older one. Actually only a few months old but older. LOL.

Okay, so, I bought my eggs from a member here, and his wife was on the way to the post office. But she got in the middle of a car accident. Thankfully she is okay, but my eggs broke. They won't get here until around the 9-11th of this month. I will be behind, but It's fine.

Sorry about your eggs. That's one thing I don't have to worry about. I have an endless supply of RIR eggs. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom