Hatch due tomorrow...very nervous!

asher

Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire
14 Years
Jan 26, 2007
Mountains of NC
I have 16 buff silkie eggs due tomorrow from IndigoEgg.us. I am SO excited, but very nervous, too!

I've been doing a lot better with my Sportsman and got 100% hatch last week, but just had a dismal hatch (just over 50%) compared to that one.

I'd be thrilled with at least 50% from Bobbi, though!
smile.png

On exciting news, we had our first buff cochins hatch today out of our own eggs. Gah, they are sweet little fluff balls! Going to be just as spoiled rotten as the rest, I can tell already!
big_smile.png

Good luck Cindy,
I've been hatching since last Thursday. I have frizzles, and silkies so far but have some other breeds soon to hatch also.
Wish you well in your hatch!
Julie
smile.png
jumpy.gif

Oh what fun!!!
smile.png
We only have (that we are keeping) cochins and silkies, but I also have turkey poults due on the 17th (oops! need to lay them down!!!) for a friend and then more later next month for her as well as sebrights and sumatras for my aunt. hehe We have hatches going about every 3-4 days right now.

Let's see, I have frizzles, frizzle cochins, polish bantams, cuckoo silkies, white crested blue polish bantams, and some porcelain D'Uccles, and some bearded silkies. Mine are spaced about 3-4 days apart too but I just took a huge amount of them off the turner today as it is day 18 for them so over the next few days I should have quite a few hatches. So far I have 4 frizzles from one breeder, 2 frizzles from another , and 2 silkies. Out of 15 silkie eggs from that one breeder only 4 were fertile and so far only 2 have hatched today out of 4 eggs!
sad.png
The lady said she would send me another batch as they were very expensive eggs from her champion chickens. Luckilly, I bought eggs from another silkie breeder who assured me hers were fertile so we'll see.
I'll keep you posted as to what hatches and you keep me posted on yours. I have some pictures of mine on this website under "From Egg to Hatch" and my post is titled "Finally my frizzles pics" or something like that.
wink.png

Anyways,,good luck!
Julie

Oh how neat! Wc blue bantam polish are the one breed I've still been drooling over.
smile.png

Well, I just laid the turkey eggs down (due on the 17th so should have laid them down yesterday) and 6 out of 7 are already internally pipped. My first turkey eggs to incubate so I'm shocked and amazed! hehe

Oh yeah turkey's I'm sure will be fun and as you say different than the chicks. I've got so many of the wc blue polish on the way,,,I wish you lived near me so you could take some! I'm wanting to find homes for some of mine from true chicken lovers like the people on this site. I have a few friends who want some but I still will have some extra.
Wonder how the chickens will handle hanging with the turks....should be funny. I would LOVE to have some peacocks but I'm afraid neighbors would complain! Maybe one day though....
Julie
smile.png

hehe I wish I lived closer, too!
big_smile.png

Well, the turkeys will be here less than a day. A friend told me mixing poults and chicks is not a good idea so I am letting me friend know when they start externally pipping so she can be on alert to come get them.
smile.png

WELL, after I posted that last night, we lost power for 8 hours!!! I was sure my chicks due today would be dead so I checked this morning and 7 are definitely internally pipped and one externally. I think one more is internally as well, but not positive.

Back
Top Bottom