Hatcheries in California that sell any of the Dark Egg laying Marans

MountainMarans2012

Crowing
12 Years
Feb 8, 2012
Bodfish Canyon, California
Does anyone know a reputable Hatchery in California that sells Cockoo Marans or Black Copper Marans that lay the darkest brown eggs ????? I would like Dark Dark Eggs not light brown egg layers from Welsummers that where purchased from a feed store .....Please help
smile.png

If you want good, quality, dark eggs you are better suited finding a breeder than purchasing through a hatchery. The breeder is able to focus on things such as maintaining lines that produce the best egg color - hatcheries, even the good reputable ones, are focused primarily on meeting demand and the specific traits often fall to the wayside for that.

Do you know any reputable Breeders of Black Copper Marans that sell baby chicks ,and that come from Good lines such as Bev Davis or Wade Jeanne's Lines....I live in California and haven't seen anyone with any Maran's for-sale here other than "Papa Brooder" on the Buy~Sell~Trade section of BYC and wondered if anyone has bought from him , and if he had true dark egg laying Black Copper Maran's ?????

You can try Debs Birds. She sells chicks, hatching eggs, and 1+ months old. I also agree with Ol Grey Mare that hatcheries are focused more towards creating production birds.
P.S. Deb doesn't always have birds available

Back
Top Bottom