Hatching 11 Silver Appleyards.

Jul 26, 2021
Victoria Australia
Hi.
Our last hatch produced 3 out of 14 ducklings mainly due to infertility and not waiting more than 24 hours to let the eggs settle after shipping.
The lovely bloke we bought them off sent us another dozen, (so nice of him) so we or them sit in a carton, turning the carton every 12 hours for 3 days. (1 broke in transit).
Day 1.
So we have put 11 UNWASHED eggs in the incubator.
Temperature 37.5c
Humidity 67%
We will turn the eggs every 5 hours, set to a timer.
Day 7. We candle them to see if there are veins and shadows. Leave the infertile ones, they may develop.
We spray a light mist in the bator when it's open.
Remove any eggs that have secretions on them, (posted eggs are know to do this).
Day 25. We candle them again and remove infertile ones. Should see movement.
Stop turning the eggs.
Temperature 36.5c
Humidity 76% to 78%
Wait 48 hours after pipping, (hole or crack).
Zipping should take an hour. (The duckling cracks around the egg).
Once it's head falls out, they are safe.
We leave them in the bator till they're walking around and fluffy. 🦆

Attachments

• 20211112_184742.jpg
    20211112_184742.jpg
    476.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
The humidity you plan to use sounds very high. For the first 24 days humidity should be between 30- 50 percent. You need the eggs to loose moisture. For hatching the 67 might work well. There is no need to mist duck eggs. I have read instructions that said to do that, but have not seen or heard evidence of it helping anything.

The humidity you plan to use sounds very high. For the first 24 days humidity should be between 30- 50 percent. You need the eggs to loose moisture. For hatching the 67 might work well. There is no need to mist duck eggs. I have read instructions that said to do that, but have not seen or heard evidence of it helping anything.
Anywhere in my post have I asked for advice?
It's the first 25 days not 24.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom