hatching chick issue?

Thanks. I know this is a quail thread, but I needed answers fast. The bloody egg one is a bit lethargic seeming, but I can’t see any bleeding on the bird, and it chirps still. The Funny looking umbilical cord chick is very vocal, and moving around a lot.
It's not surprising that the bloody one is lethargic. There isn't a lot of blood in a chick, so losing a little is pretty rough on them. Once they're out of the incubator, you might try boiling an egg then crush the yolk and feed it to them if they're ready to eat.

Edit: Some Nutri-Drench might be a good idea too.

It's not surprising that the bloody one is lethargic. There isn't a lot of blood in a chick, so losing a little is pretty rough on them. Once they're out of the incubator, you might try boiling an egg then crush the yolk and feed it to them if they're ready to eat.

Edit: Some Nutri-Drench might be a good idea too.
Where do I get that? I’m a little worried, also would electrolytes water work?

both the babies are moving around, bloody egg baby seems kind of jittery/ wobbly and Keeps falling backwards. Umbilical cord baby is separate from the egg, but still has some dried up cord and what looks like a small scab.

both the babies are moving around, bloody egg baby seems kind of jittery/ wobbly and Keeps falling backwards. Umbilical cord baby is separate from the egg, but still has some dried up cord and what looks like a small scab.
Just leave it it will dry off on its own if you pull it it could bleed and hurt it. Just keep them warm under the broader they do wobble all over the place that’s normal for a few hours actually. They just had to work so hard to break all the way through and around the egg to get out. That’s a ton of work! I have poultry cell and nutridense you can get at tractor supply or online but if u don’t have anything I have added a tiny amount of sugar and salt not regular table salt but a rock salt just a little mount to water and have given that to mine before.

Ok, there’s a noticeable scab type thing where bird two’s umbilical cord was, but the wound looks closed. Baby one is back in the incubator, cause they kept falling backwards in the brooder. Hopefully they get their footing. I was able to get both chicks to eat a couple bites of scrambled egg mixed with electrolytes water. I guess I will tell you if they are alive in the morning.

Ok, there’s a noticeable scab type thing where bird two’s umbilical cord was, but the wound looks closed. Baby one is back in the incubator, cause they kept falling backwards in the brooder. Hopefully they get their footing. I was able to get both chicks to eat a couple bites of scrambled egg mixed with electrolytes water. I guess I will tell you if they are alive in the morning.
Wow they ate quickly ! That’s a good thing! Yes let us know I would recommend they stay together.

You can get Nutri-Drench just about anywhere that sells poultry supplies. Let the umbilical fall off on its own before messing with the chicks.
The chick had a weird looking umbilical cord area when it hatched. I think it did something to its yolk a little while before it hatched. I saw what looked like a bit of yolk and membrane in the eggshell, and the baby has some dry yolk on the side of the face.

Wow they ate quickly ! That’s a good thing! Yes let us know I would recommend they stay together.
They didn’t eat much, but I hope it helps them. My concern keeps flipping between the two, I’m worried for different reasons, but the more I think, the more they seem connected. Both have issues stemming from a early hatch. I think it’s something to do with their mother being rather young (less than one year ), and the awkward shape of the eggs she lays. They had a third sibling, who did not make it to hatch. I think maybe their mom is not a good breeding bird?

They didn’t eat much, but I hope it helps them. My concern keeps flipping between the two, I’m worried for different reasons, but the more I think, the more they seem connected. Both have issues stemming from an early hatch. I think it’s something to do with their mother being rather young (less than one year ), and the awkward shape of the eggs she lays. They had a third sibling, who did not make it to hatch. I think maybe their mom is not a good breeding bird?
I dono I should have just showed u one of mine here lemme show u the little bit of blood and yolk still there it was fine hatching and I just leave mine in the incubator till it’s dry…. Some have it some don’t I don’t get too worried if they are energetic wobbling all around some of them I just wait longer before moving to incubator do to the fact if it’s red there others may pec and injure the area. This one just hatched and still had quiet a bit of membrane all over it it’s gonna be just fine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom