Hatching eggs from Papas Poultry

cwalter141

Chirping
Sep 20, 2020
I haven't had anything other than hatchery chickens in my back yard. Well I am really excited. I've ordered lavender and black-split lavender English Orpington hatching eggs! They are coming from a breeder, Papa's Poultry, small family owned business. I wanted to ask anyone who has ordered through Papa's Poultry...how do you feel about the quality of chickens?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210317-083703~2.png
    Screenshot_20210317-083703~2.png
    492.6 KB · Views: 55
I am a fan of papas poultry. I have purchased hatching eggs from them a number of times and had good hatch rates even though it was a crappy time of year. I was very happy with the quality of the birds. The biggest thing for me is they are close by so the shipping time is not much and that does make a difference. I’m sure you will love them!

I've ordered twice from them, and was really happy with the fertility. When I candled at day 10, most of the eggs were developing! I have another shipment of Isabel Orpingtons due to ship on Tuesday.
I am sad. I do not think the lavenders I ordered from Papa's are English heritage. And they have shredded feathers 😕

Attachments

• 20210618_074933.jpg
    20210618_074933.jpg
    668.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20210618-075131.png
    Screenshot_20210618-075131.png
    955.3 KB · Views: 25
I haven't had anything other than hatchery chickens in my back yard. Well I am really excited. I've ordered lavender and black-split lavender English Orpington hatching eggs! They are coming from a breeder, Papa's Poultry, small family owned business. I wanted to ask anyone who has ordered through Papa's Poultry...how do you feel about the quality of chickens?
I took everyone's reviews and thought the eggs I ordered would be good. So I ordered 20 eggs ($125) and he sent me 24 eggs. 6 seemed to be fertile, 4 hatched. I paid him another $25 to send more, they got lost in the mail, he sent 18 more, only 4 fertile and 1 of the fertile eggs looks nothing like the rest he had sent me which leads me to believe it's not going to be what I ordered but hopefully those 4 hatch. I will never order from Papas Poultry again!!! He claims to have high fertility rates but I'm only seeing a 25% fertility rate on my end. I've been hatching eggs for 40 years, Papas Poultry is crap to me

I took everyone's reviews and thought the eggs I ordered would be good. So I ordered 20 eggs ($125) and he sent me 24 eggs. 6 seemed to be fertile, 4 hatched. I paid him another $25 to send more, they got lost in the mail, he sent 18 more, only 4 fertile and 1 of the fertile eggs looks nothing like the rest he had sent me which leads me to believe it's not going to be what I ordered but hopefully those 4 hatch. I will never order from Papas Poultry again!!! He claims to have high fertility rates but I'm only seeing a 25% fertility rate on my end. I've been hatching eggs for 40 years, Papas Poultry is crap to me
UPDATE:, NONE OF THEM HATCHED

Back
Top Bottom