hatching eggs

jammyjammy2112

Songster
7 Years
May 23, 2012
ireland
i am on day 16 now only 5 more days to go and its nearly day 18 but u have been wandering can i open the incubator atall after day 18 its my first hatch with an incubator and i have a brinsea incubator will i put the water in and then just leave it i wont add more later am i rigth thxs

I would avoid opening it the last few days so the humidity will stay pretty consistent. It shouldn't hurt the hatch if you have to open it up to add more water or something. Once they reach that stage, the chicks inside are pretty strong. Keep us posted on your hatch.

I would not open it after lockdown unless I had a real strong reason to.

There is often a big difference in what might possibly happen and what will absolutely happen each and every time without fail. It’s possible if you open the incubator after an egg has pipped you could shrink-wrap the chick. It’s possible. It does not happen each and every time without fail. But it is good practice to not open it at that time.

When the humidity is too low, it’s possible the membrane inside the egg can shrink so tight around the chick that the chick is trapped and cannot hatch. This can happen if your humidity was too low during the regular incubation but what I’m talking about here is where the egg has pipped, you open the incubator and the humidity inside really drops, and the membrane dries out.

I’m not familiar with a Brinsea but what I do is use a straw and syringe to put water in through a vent hole with mine if the water runs low after I’m in lockdown.

thanks yes i will avoid opening it tomorrow is day 18 so tonigth im going to put the water to the top thats what it told me to do on the manuel but in my incubator it dosent tell me the humidity just the temp but would i have to fill it up again maybe in 2 days incase te water went down

Back
Top Bottom