Hatching for the first time and on stream....

oneportuguesefarm

In the Brooder
Jan 29, 2021
Portugal
First of all, I'd like to make clear that Im not trying to advertise my stream or anything. I actually need advice/help.

Background:
I have a small farm with 1 goat, 3 pigs, a few ducks, geese, and 10-20 chickens.
This year I decided to buy an automatic incubator to hatch some chickens instead of buying them from the store...

22 days have passed and only 1 egg made a crack so far but after about 15 hours of breading and beeping it hasn't break the rest of the egg and seems to have stopped moving for the last 3 hours... (Egg number 11)
Only 2 other eggs (Eggs number 2 and 12) were seen moving/shaking...

I've had a few problems once or twice where the machine beeped because the temperature was too high. (40º C). didn't last more than 10 to 20 mins at that temp... I think the sensor was wet or something because I put too much water and kept going up past 40º C so I unplugged it about 10 times for 2 minutes to cool down to 37 and go back up to 38 on its own... (and then wasn't stopping at 38 so I kept unplugging) (eventually stopped)

Also: I've candled the eggs at day 18 (25 of January) and they looked all good minus 2:
(the recording)

Lastly here is the stream link if anyone wants to come by and help/discuss/take a look at what's going on:

My main question would be: are the eggs ok and I just need to wait for day 23, 24, 25, 26....? or they are done....? 😢

If this post is against some rule I apologize and don't mind the forum owners removing it.
And thanks for all the help the forum already provided me as I was googling tuns of things and the forum kept showing up with answers! ❤

Last edited:
Update:

#11 was dead. It made a crack and the beak was showing but wasn't able to crack the entire shell and get out... I should have helped after 12 hours or so.... but I'm new to this......

Also of note:
Most of my chicken eggs were "too big", to me its the normal size that my chickens lay but I say they were "too big" because when the egg turning tray was on some of the eggs touched the incubator ceiling and prevented it from closing 100% (I tapped the edges to make up for that)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom