Roley

Chirping
Jan 19, 2019
Sanford, FL (near Orlando)
Hello all,
Was hoping someone could help. I've set up my MHP (yay! They love it!), went to check on chickies in the middle of the night only to find out my pad had auto shut off after 2 hours (I'm new to this). Thankfully the babies are ok! I must have woken up just a few after it shut off because it only dropped down to 79. My question is if anyone knows of a hack to turn off the auto shut off function (My husband is pretty good with mods and electronics)? OR can anyone recommend an affordable brand with an "always on" option, the only ones I have found with always on runs about $35+

Heating pad.JPG Heat Pad Control.JPG

Thanks!!

I don't know how to shut off the auto off, there are other heating pads that don't have the auto off. A couple years ago, I had a cat, and it was really cold, and snowing. My cat was on the front porch, so it was easy to go turn back on a few times that night. I think mine may have been more than 2 hours.. If your chickens are in their coop, you may just want to get a new heating pad without the auto off.

Hello all,
Was hoping someone could help. I've set up my MHP (yay! They love it!), went to check on chickies in the middle of the night only to find out my pad had auto shut off after 2 hours (I'm new to this). Thankfully the babies are ok! I must have woken up just a few after it shut off because it only dropped down to 79. My question is if anyone knows of a hack to turn off the auto shut off function (My husband is pretty good with mods and electronics)? OR can anyone recommend an affordable brand with an "always on" option, the only ones I have found with always on runs about $35+

View attachment 1647268 View attachment 1647278

Thanks!!
the only heating pad I've found with a no auto-off function, is Sunbeam Brand and runs about $60 CAD I've found it at my local Pharmacy. My hardware stores that have heating pads don't carry the one with the no auto-off option. You could try calling Sunbeam and ask how to get one where you live, or even look for it online.

Actually....

https://www.amazon.com/Sunbeam-King...98525&sprefix=sunbeam+hea,aps,294&sr=8-5&th=1

here's a link to the one that will work. that's the same control as mine. setting 5 or 6 (6 being max) is what I use for chicks.

I got the “pure enrichment xxl” heating pad on Amazon for $45. I can’t figure out how to post a link, but the above should be sufficient for you to find it. Right now I’m seeing a $5 off coupon for it. Unless you’re a better electrician than me, you’re not going to make that one work. It should be great for a sore neck or back, though.

Edited to note: I believe you may be able to get a smaller one of the same brand for less. Be sure to check that it has the “always on” function, though.

Back
Top Bottom