Heat Wave!!

I think that you should just take them out when its not too hot. Or you could put them in the shade. I'm not sure. Good Luck!

Quote:
Well it is about time it started warming up. LOL

Just make sure they have plenty of fresh water and some shade. Sunday was gorgeous here in the valley and the girls spent all afternoon out in their playpen/tractor with their water and a simple sheet over the top for shading. They loved it and never got hot really. They are 8 weeks old tomorrow.

Wow enjoy the warm weather! It snowed something terrible here in PA yesterday. We ended up with a few inches.

Yay, for warm weather. I think I'll probably move their coop/tractor into the shady area of the yard, give them fresh water, and leave the coop windows open. I might even leave the run door open all afternoon so they can free range in the yard, that way they can cool down more easily.

Quote:
Hi Lemurchaser! We need to get a Corvallis chicken group going! How old are your chickens?

8 weeks and 6 weeks. They are getting so big. I just met my neighbor through here, and she took two of my partridge rocks. So there are at least 3 of us from corvallis.

Back
Top Bottom