Hello fellow Buckeyes

DDNONIN2016

Crowing
11 Years
Jan 27, 2012
SW Ohio
Hello fellow Buckeyes.....I'm in Blanchester Ohio but technically in Warren county. I have a small flock of bantam cochins who are the love of my life. Interested in maybe getting some silkie eggs to hatch in the future. Anyone near me raise cochins or silkies ? I would love to hear from you and see some pictures or your chickens. Thanks Jan

Hello Jan! I'm also from Ohio, but I have never heard of Blanchester, so we're probably not close by eachother. I'm in Strasburg, which is near the Dover, Bolivar, New Philadelphia area in Tuscarawas county.

I just love bantam Cochins, and I've got the Millie Fluer color...They are adoreable and so sweet! I've also got two bantam frizzle Cochins. I just love them.

I've got one silkie and she's hatched out 13 babies just recently.

Anyhow, welcome to BYC and so glad you joined!

Sharon

Jan, if you're anywhere near Columbus Ohio, you should go to the Ohio National Poultry Show, which is at the Ohio State Fairgrounds. You will defintiely be able to find silkies there! The show is every November.

Sharon

Hi Sharon...thanks for your reply. I've been reading and reading and soaking up info on here. I cant wait to go to the Ohio show in Nov. That should take care of my "small flock" status....I'll want one of each I'm sure. Was just looking at a map at work and Tuscarawas is quite a distance from where I am near Dayton/Cinn. Looks like we are both about the same distance from Columbus tho. Its funny how people look at me like I"ve lost my mind when I tell them I love my chickens. Makes me feel like I'm the only one in the universe who would bother to have chickens. Thank goodness for all the friendly people here. I am not alone :) Looking forward to talking to you more....thanks Jan

Jan, I agree! My co-workers think I'm kinda nutty because I like chickens so much. I have the whole family hooked though. They all like the chickens.

Oh, boy, you will LOVE SILKIES! Keep an eye on the auctions here on BYC, and I'm betting you will find some silkie breeders closer to you. I would just say not to buy hatchery silkies, because the ones from the breeders are just so beautiful!

I bought my little Amber (in the avatar) from Vanessabuffnsilkies. She's a member here who lives about an hour away from me. Her color is a bit off, but she's is soooo fluffy! LOL

I started off with just three chickens and now I have....Um....let me count......28! Yep...28! LOL I'm so lucky to live out in the country. Take care and let's keep in touch!

Sharon

I love your Amber. Gosh i bet she is huggable. My cochins love to be hugged...well some of them do. I am ordering a Brinsea mini and want to try my luck at hatching more cochins and silkies, but definitely buying eggs from reputable breeders. I just love the buff silkies, so adorable ! Thanks again and hope I'm not being a bother to you, just neat to talk with someone in Ohio :) jan

Oh, you're no bother at all! Take care,
Sharon

I love your Amber. Gosh i bet she is huggable. My cochins love to be hugged...well some of them do. I am ordering a Brinsea mini and want to try my luck at hatching more cochins and silkies, but definitely buying eggs from reputable breeders. I just love the buff silkies, so adorable ! Thanks again and hope I'm not being a bother to you, just neat to talk with someone in Ohio :) jan

Back
Top Bottom