Hello from a not-so-new member!

KathiQuacks

Crowing
May 7, 2022
Central TX
Hello BYC! :frow I’m not actually a new member, but back when I first joined, I never made a, “New Member Introduction,” so I figured I’d make one now!

Hi! My name’s Kathi! Some of you may’ve seen me around recently. I actually joined in May of 2022, but wasn’t very active back then. I returned a few months ago with a new flock, new questions, and new answers! :) I’d love to become a regular on here and help out in anyway that I can.

I first got into duck-keeping back in fall of 2021. I moved house and inherited 4 ducks from the previous owner. Since then, I’ve hatched oh-so many ducklings, gave most of them away, lost some ducks, gained some ducks, and at the moment, I have 3 adult ducks and 10 of their gorgeous ducklings! I’ve written a more in-depth version of this in the ‘About’ section on my profile, in case you’d like to know more!

My adult ducks are Caramel, a Khaki-mix, Cherry, a Crested Pekin, and Pitaya, a Blue Swedish-mix.
IMG_9624.png

IMG_1952.jpeg

The ducklings are the offspring of Caramel and Cherry and are split into two groups. The ‘Big 5’ consists of Laffy, Peach, Prickly, Banana, and Guava.
IMG_3337.jpeg

IMG_3365.jpeg

IMG_2742.jpeg

IMG_2761.jpeg

IMG_2713.jpeg

And the ‘Little 5’ has Lemon, Coconut, Coffee, Strawberry, and Peppermint.
IMG_3236.jpeg

IMG_2882.jpeg

IMG_3256.jpeg

IMG_3001.jpeg

IMG_3044.jpeg

I’ve learned so much more about ducks than I ever thought I would! I’m not an expert by any means, but if you have / know anyone who has questions relating to duck breed identification, hatching ducklings, or just ducks in general, feel free to @ me, and I’ll do my best to help!

I also make art, write, do photography, and do general animal-identification as hobbies :)

Back
Top Bottom