Hello from Brisbane

Annabella

Songster
9 Years
Apr 17, 2010
Well hi - I can't believe I have found such a wonderful site.. I feel as though I have come home - to like minded people who love their chooks.

I was given 2 chooks a few years ago. An Australorp (Honky) and a Sussex (HennyPenny), they don't lay anymore and lead a comfortable free ranging life in retirement. Honky has morphed into a rooster these last 18 mths:/. She was always a noisy girl (hence her name) but now crows and struts like the best of roosters, but to keep her quiet I keep her caged up until after dawn and that seems to settle her down.

Recently acquired 3 Red Stars (one bought the other two turned up on my doorstep and asked me to give them a home), but I have had to separate them into another section of the back yard as the old girls will not accept them, and neither would the dog who in his young enthusiasm killed little Lucy:(. So Edna and Lotty lead a protected safe life in confinement.

I have enlarged their pen and am looking at getting another 2 Red Stars - hopefully this week:D. City by-laws only lets me have 6 fowl so I will have to stop the family at that then.

Thanks for all the info on the site!! It truly is awesome!!
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom