Hello from Harpswell, ME

sefossett

In the Brooder
Aug 13, 2015
Hi there everyone! My name is Sloane and I am raising chicks with my boyfriend and his mother. She ordered chickens last year and she ordered more this year. The first was a standard flock, no fancy chickens, and this year she introduced Buff Laced Polish, Silver Laced Polish, and Gold Lace Polish, female and male pheonixes, a mottled houdan, araucanas, and buff brahmas. So far it's been a joy raising them! I love chickens. They are so fascinating. Anyway, I have a serious question in the emergency forum section about one silver polish chick, so if you could help me out, that would be fantastic! We are worried about her.

Welcome to BYC. Keep an eye on the Polish in a mixed flock. Frequently the other birds will pull out their crests and peck their heads.

Thank you for the welcome! I am keeping my observations on our Polish ladies. So far, the polish chicks are good with minding their own business. Their young flock mates get along with them, and the older hens are decent enough to not pluck their crests.

Nice to meet you Sloane- Welcome to Backyard Chickens
frow.gif
Hope you enjoy BYC as much as we do.

Back
Top Bottom