Hello from Indiana

barb s

Songster
10 Years
May 28, 2013
Columbia City area

I am a new member to this site and to raising chickens. I was hoping that I could get some help in identifying what breeds of chickens that we have.
I have to be honest when we first got the chicks, I regrettably didn't find out what breeds we got. At the time my only thought about chickens were that they were the source of fresh eggs. It didn't take me long to figure out that they are so much more. They have all become part of my family and I love them like family.
Anyways back to what breeds we have. We currently have 15 chicks that are between 8 to 10 weeks old, four of which are bantams. Of these 15 I know one is a Gold Laced Wyandotte and I think one of the bantams is a Silver Seabright and one is a Buff Brahma, the rest I have no idea about. I'm not even sure that they are all hens. That part I think I can figure out once they are full grown. We also have 6 chicks that are 3 weeks old. Of these 6 I know that 1 is a Easter Egger, 1 is a Silver Laced
Wyandotte, 1 is a Gold Laced Wyandotte, and I'm pretty sure 1 is a Barred Plymouth Rock. The other two I don't know. I have posted some pictures of my lovely chicks. Any help in identifying any of them will be greatly appreciated.

Greetings from Kansas, barb s, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you aboard! You might post the pics in the following links for more responses. Good luck to you and enjoy your flock!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Thank You, I think they are pretty beautiful myself. My dad was from Paoli, is that any where close to where your at in Southern Indiana. Absolutely beautiful area, would move there in a heartbeat if I could. I'm from the Fort Wayne area. Didn't know about the Indiana thread but will try to see if I can find it.

I'm not sure what you mean by silver laced, but if your referring to the second picture yeah she is pretty awesome. But I think that all my birds are awesome. From what I have seen everyone on this site has some amazing and beautiful birds.

Back
Top Bottom