Hello from Ontario

Dunmohen

Chirping
6 Years
Hi all - a quick intro, thanks for the question prompts! My husband and I have a small hobby farm in Eastern Ontario. We used to keep chickens years ago ( meat and layers) on a small scale and now that I am retired we are getting back into it. It was rather by accident. My husband came home with a “rescue” Jersey Giant rooster who was getting beat up at his former home. We went out and got him 2 Jersy Giant hens and a buff Orpington and set up the old coops. We have 4 pug dogs, 2 calico cats and 3 horses. Forgot how much I love chickens. I need to build an enclosed run for them because they currently have total access to my backyard and I want to avoid arguments about who is in charge of gardening. I’m an avid photographer so there will be pictures. Cheers.

G'Day from down under Dunmohen :frowWelcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out and great as husbandry refreshers.

Yes, please do share Pictures and Stories of your flock and/or other critters. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom