Hello from Ontario!

Elliemae1984

Songster
Sep 9, 2022
Ontario, Canada
New member here saying hello! My name is Ellie and I live in a rural area in southern Ontario, Canada on about 3/4 acres, backing on to the old family farm.

My husband and I previously had 6 laying hens which we got around 6-7 months old but unfortunately we only have one left with us. She’s a Rhode Island Red and she’s living out her retirement years haha.

We decided to dive into the world of raising silkies since they were our favourite two from our original 6 (and we are somewhat limited on space). I picked up 4 chicks from a breeder yesterday and I’m in love already! I anticipate this forum will be super helpful while raising these babies as there’s only so much you can figure out from websites and books, and advice from seasoned vets is always the most effective.

We also have one dog, 2 cats, and 9 rabbits (but will only be keeping 4 once they are old enough to rehome), and I make homemade soap in my free time (when I actually have free time lol).

Looking forward to being a part of the forum!

New member here saying hello! My name is Ellie and I live in a rural area in southern Ontario, Canada on about 3/4 acres, backing on to the old family farm.

My husband and I previously had 6 laying hens which we got around 6-7 months old but unfortunately we only have one left with us. She’s a Rhode Island Red and she’s living out her retirement years haha.

We decided to dive into the world of raising silkies since they were our favourite two from our original 6 (and we are somewhat limited on space). I picked up 4 chicks from a breeder yesterday and I’m in love already! I anticipate this forum will be super helpful while raising these babies as there’s only so much you can figure out from websites and books, and advice from seasoned vets is always the most effective.

We also have one dog, 2 cats, and 9 rabbits (but will only be keeping 4 once they are old enough to rehome), and I make homemade soap in my free time (when I actually have free time lol).

Welcome to BYC!! ❤️

:welcome

Back
Top Bottom