Hello! This is my introduction

allygibbs73

Chirping
May 8, 2018
(1) Are you new to quail / when did you first get quail?
I am very new to quail. I ordered 15 eggs off of e-bay 3 months ago (never again). 6 hatched and then one died due to him not being able to walk (he lasted two days). The remaining 5 are now fully grown and are currently almost 3 months old. They live outside in a 6ft tall raised coop (we have coyotes).

(2) How many quail do you have right now?

1 male. 4 females.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have Coturnix quail. I have two reddish Italians, one normal Italian, one Tibetan, and the male is a Golden Tuxedo I think.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
From doing research on raising quail.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love dog nutrition and training. One of the main reasons I got quail were to use the eggs for my dogs raw diet.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have two dogs (Pointer mix and a Lab) and a orange tabby cat.

:welcome

Hi, it's nice to have you here!

Sorry you had bad luck with ordering off e-Bay. The next time you're ready to find quail, check the BYC buy-sell-trade forum. Things come & go there pretty fast so you might find quail when you're ready for more.

Best of luck to you and thanks for joining us!

Welcome Cool.gif
Nice Introduction!

Are you going to hatch from the quail you have now?

G'Day from down under allygibbs.. :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your Quail and/or fur babies, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

You may be interested in this link:

Back
Top Bottom