Hello

FlowerOfScotland

Chirping
Sep 1, 2019
Scotland, UK
Ex TV production manager, then antiques dealer, now Office Manager I swapped the sunny climes of Rome, Italy, where. I lived for or 16 years to return to not so sunny Scotland to be nearer my mother who had health problems. After years of thinking about getting chickens i bit the bullet and went ahead, and with the help of my father built a coop and run. Two weeks ago I got my first hens: 4 little bantam buff Wyandotte girls.
I haven’t named them yet as I can only tell one of them apart from the others. They are utterly adorable and so far I’ve had a lot of fun, the only thing that concerns me isn’t I’m quite squeamish and don’t really do too well with icky stuff. I know that this comes with the territory so it helps to have a website and forum like this where I can find the answers and support I may need.
I live in the Ayrshire countryside next door to my father. My mother died two years ago. I also have two cats, Olly and Toots.
After realising I knew nothing about chickens I relied on he internet for info and have found BYC to me a fantastic source of information and help.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :welcome
We're so glad to have you here with us! :ya
Thank you for joining our wonderful community of fellow poultry enthusiasts! :)
:wee
There are a lot of helpful people here on BYC. You can learn a lot here.:)
Do you have any pics of your chickens? We love seeing pics! :D
Thank you for having me . I’m coping with the poop. It’s the really gross stuff I read about on here that worries me (worms, shell-less eggs etc). I’ll just need to get over all that! Here’s an introduction to my girls.

Attachments

• AA390A20-EC5E-4ABB-A494-AFA1291EC435.jpeg
    AA390A20-EC5E-4ABB-A494-AFA1291EC435.jpeg
    633.2 KB · Views: 6
Thank you for having me . I’m coping with the poop. It’s the really gross stuff I read about on here that worries me (worms, shell-less eggs etc). I’ll just need to get over all that! Here’s an introduction to my girls.
once they grow on ya , ya get a lot less squeamish about doing whats needed for your feathered friends

Back
Top Bottom