Hello,

Ziptydoda

Chirping
Oct 25, 2019
New to this forum and wanted to introduce myself.
I live in southeast Texas. I have 10 beautiful ISA Browns backyard chickens that I raised from 2 days old. They are getting ready to lay and I'm so excited.
I feed organic feed, millworms, scraps, and let them free range most every day.
So that's a little about me and my ladies. Looking forward to learning and helping others.
A curiosity i have is what breed chicken do you have and why? I think I ask that to all :)

Hello and welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our community. This is a great place to learn and share your chicken adventures. As for my chickens, I started last year with 6 RIR chicks. One turned out to be a rooster but that's OK. Last March I got 4 BR's, however 1 died. The 3 remaining BR's are really nice healthy birds. They started laying in August. I suspect one (Princess) has broody tendencies. I chose dual purpose birds in case the need to make one or two dinner arose. Also, the climate here can be harsh. Really cold and snowy winters. Frequent Nor'easters and hot, humid summers. The birds do well through it all. And lastly, I just love the big brown eggs they make for me. I only do a supervised "free range" for about an hour everyday because there are too many predators that like chicken dinners around here.

Welcome to BYC! We're glad you decided to join our wonderful community! :welcome
I have an assortment of breeds, all large fowl breeds, I think having a flock with a lot of different breeds is more fun than what it would be to just have one breed. I had some Ayam Cemanis, but my only pullet died, and I couldn't keep the cockerels because of where I live. I have a light Brahma, two Australorps, a Blue Langshan, a Barred Rock, an Easter Egger, a Silver Laced Wyandotte, and a Cuckoo Maran.

Good Morning and :welcome.
I have two RI, Two SLW, Two GLW, and three EE.
New to BYC myself!
I have my girls since days old chicks. My husband got them from the feed store here and it was a surprise to me so he got what they had on hand. Started with the 2 RR and EE and then my flock grew from there. :woot Loving every minute of it and they just started laying.

4D23E677-21CE-41C3-9466-DBD574924E29.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom