• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

childrenschicks

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 17, 2014
West Michigan
my chicks are only 2 weeks old but I've noticed my husbands favorite chick is showing signs of maybe begin a roo (I am also a newbie and that's why I'm asking for help!) signs that are noticeable to me 1. His comb 2. Holds his head high (higher than the rest) 3. Already is starting a strut walk 4. Is the first to attempt the perch, examine anything new or cleaned/filled water and food dishes

I ordered from Meyer hatchery. I ordered 2 Black australorps and my meal maker came in also as a black australorp. Out of the three this is the only one with a "white" beak (other 2 are black) and white spot on head.

I ordered from Meyer hatchery. I ordered 2 Black australorps and my meal maker came in also as a black australorp. Out of the three this is the only one with a "white" beak (other 2 are black) and white spot on head.
The fact that it has a white spot on it's head means it's not a an Australorp. White head spots are genetically linked to barring, so your bird is maybe a cuckoo Marans. The other possibility is barred Rock, I picked Marans first as they have white/pink legs, while Rocks have yellow. You'll just have to look at the legs in person and decide which color they really are, sometimes monitors don't give accurate colors.

Back
Top Bottom