help! first time and they r going in pretty soon!

hennyandpenny

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
okay so my parents got 2 dozen pullet eggs from a toatl stranger to make up foor the fact that my dad didnt fix the downed neetting and we now have 5 less chicks. so they are a cross between ameracauna and PR. we got them today at around 12 ish today 4-10-12. i need help this is my first hatch and i dont know what i really have todo (newbie i know) the egg shells are REALLY thin and easy to break (i already broke the biggest egg because it was wedged in the container and onother one had a broken shell. so please help me!

Hi! Do you have your incubator up and running yet? What kind of incubator do you have? If it comes with instructions, just follow those precisely. Normally, you need to plug them in, add water, and you let them run overnight so that you can get the temp and humidity stabilized.

Just open your egg carton, and let those eggs sit for overnight at least, and then you can put them into your incubator. It'll take 21 days for the eggs to hatch. Day 18 is lockdown......

i believe i have a lg still air. i just started it about an hour ago. they are pretty small eggs they look like bantam eggs or store bought if you know what i mean . the smallest of my eggs are about a bit bigger than the biggest of the hatching eggs the smallestof the hatching eggs is half the size of my smallest eggs. could any of this affect the hatch or the chicks?

okay so i candled today since it was day 3... i think. i only candled a few and what i saw wasnt too promising all i saw was a dark blob(air sac?) and on one i may haave saw a vain.... what should i do? wait a few days or candle the rest?
thanks,
elizabeth

Back
Top Bottom