Help for my Mourning Goose he lost his mate today

TerriL

Songster
10 Years
Oct 16, 2009
Holden, Missouri
I lost my Female good today and I am so sad for her guy he is so sad. What can I do to help him I don't have any other Geese for him to hang with what should I do. I didnt know if maybe I should try and find a adult female for him or what. Thanks for any ideas. Terri

I'm so sorry for your loss
hugs.gif
. As for what you should do I would suggest trying to track down an adult similar age wise. You should be able to find one in your local craigslist

Thank you for your Ideas. I am checking around for some. I have been looking but so far no one has any. I am sure sooner or later I will find some he is just so sad and its making me sad. Thanks again for your support. Terri

If you can't find an adult, you might see if he would accept a gosling or two -- maybe keep them in with a heat lamp for the first couple weeks till they can keep up better, and then slowly introduce them. Ganders love being parents . . .
Second that. Poor guy!
I have an extra gander that just couldn't make it work with the grisl this season- nobody would bond to him. He fell in love with my big orp rooster for a while, then finally he paired up with my lone scovy female. They are so cute together- he even got her to switch coops!

Second that. Poor guy!
I have an extra gander that just couldn't make it work with the grisl this season- nobody would bond to him. He fell in love with my big orp rooster for a while, then finally he paired up with my lone scovy female. They are so cute together- he even got her to switch coops!
I have an Embden gander who has a Muscovy duck as a partner they are so cute together. He has also adopted another one of my Muscovies and her ducklings.
love.gif

Until you can find a replacement goose, here is something that helped a lone gander for me once - a mirror! I bought a fairly large hand mirror with a handle. The handle had a hole in it so I hung it goose head high where he often traveled. The poor guy chatted to himself in the mirror until I found a goose for him. It did seem to help.

Back
Top Bottom