HELP HELP My Chicken Has Sour Crop I Think

For tonight here is my suggestion. If you have any Tums in the house, or any Calcium Citrate + D, give her one of those. Tums or Rolaids, these are for upset tummy. Calcium Citrate might be something your mom takes for her bones. Just pull gently on her wattles to open her beak, put it in (whole) and let her close her beak, and she will swallow it. Don't worry that it is too big, she can swallow a whole mouse, lizard or frog easily! And I will check with you in the morning. I will also tag some other helpers then too, okay?
she loves lizards lol
and we don't have any of those tablets

it is late night now i just checked on her
her crop is very hot but she is cold
and she is basically trying to talk but can only whisper
she laid a weirdish egg about 1 hour before I put her to bed
that seemed to help her she jumped up onto the outside table:eek: and broke into my garden while her sis pulled out my tomato plants :mad:🥰🤣
going to bed now hoping she is ok tomorrow
and her poos are coming back to normal not normal yet................
will update you in the morning

Hi, there should be a button that says "Attach files." Click on that and it will allow you to insert pictures that are on your phone or tablet, whichever you are using. See if you can post pics of the chicken, her poo and this unusual egg. Let us know how she is doing this morning. Is she eating, drinking, grooming, walking around, acting normal?

Hi, there should be a button that says "Attach files." Click on that and it will allow you to insert pictures that are on your phone or tablet, whichever you are using. See if you can post pics of the chicken, her poo and this unusual egg. Let us know how she is doing this morning. Is she eating, drinking, grooming, walking around, acting normal?
good morning she is doing better this morning she is talking a little bit
if her volume is normally 90% it is 50% she was purring about 5 minutes ago poos are nearly normal she is walking double as far as yesterday and stopping for half the time she would eat but I am not sure if she should yet as her crop has not fully emptied she is grooming as well.
Those are the pics the light coloured egg is her weird egg her dark egg is her normal egg

Attachments

• IMG_5075.jpg
    IMG_5075.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5074.jpg
    IMG_5074.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5073.jpg
    IMG_5073.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5061.jpg
    IMG_5061.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 8
You did good adding pics. Okay, I am going to tag one of our experts. I just wanted to get you through the night last night. Now I am going to turn you over to someone who can help you a lot better than I can. Her name is @Wyorp Rock and she should respond before too long.

Did you check her crop before she had anything to eat or drink? That's very important.

You did good adding pics. Okay, I am going to tag one of our experts. I just wanted to get you through the night last night. Now I am going to turn you over to someone who can help you a lot better than I can. Her name is @Wyorp Rock and she should respond before too long.

Did you check her crop before she had anything to eat or drink? That's very important.
she has not had anything to eat or drink yet her crop is about 20% full should i let her eat and drink yet or not

I have saved a cooked egg yolk for her
ok thank you so so so so so much for all of your help

Back
Top Bottom