Help! Homes for halfbreed chicks IN WINTER?!

AprilDrake

In the Brooder
Apr 26, 2017
Newcastle
I uh... 'accidentally' let my 2 broody hens sit on a few eggs just to see what happened. Well, theirs were the popular nest boxes so before I could blink each was sitting on a dozen eggs. Today, 2 hatched and one pipped. I hurriedly moved them to a safe, large brooder I situated to be warm for mother and babies. Now I have about 2 months to figure out how to get rid of half breed youngster in Seattle in the winter! I already am at full capacity in my coop as it is. I know I did this to myself but any advice on finding homes under these conditions??

Just to see what would happen? really? If you have a rooster, I'd think what would happen would be pretty obvious... Silly chickens... having babies in the winter... whatever were they thinking? Hope you're able to find homes for them.

Just to see what would happen? really? If you have a rooster, I'd think what would happen would be pretty obvious... Silly chickens... having babies in the winter... whatever were they thinking? Hope you're able to find homes for them.

It's best not too scold too hard, please. Feelings can be easily hurt, and she is at least taking a step in the right direction to try and find homes for the chicks. :)

I think you can post them for free on the BYC buy,sell,trade forum UNDER the heading Free animals for rehoming. Although people that are not local to you, will not be interested. Sometimes feed stores will take unwanted birds but, you would have to ask them first. Craig list free ads usually appeal to folks who plan on eating them. :hit

Back
Top Bottom