Help! How to make a safely make a chicken vomit?

.ChickensRule.

Chirping
Jul 30, 2018
Hi, I have a chicken with sour crop. She's been like this for a quite a while. I had given her miconazole for awhile and it hadn't helped. I think i need to drain the contents of her crop because I don't know what else to do. Is there any way to safely make a chicken vomit? Like, can I prevent her from inhaling the liquid? Please help. I don't want to lose her.

I wouldn’t consider vomiting a chicken safe. It can be done but I think generally as a last resort.

Can you give more details on why you think her crop is sour? If it’s a continual problem I would wonder if her crop is slow. Maybe start with a bra and massage to move things through.

Hopefully others will chime in with some ideas.

I wouldn’t consider vomiting a chicken safe. It can be done but I think generally as a last resort.

Can you give more details on why you think her crop is sour? If it’s a continual problem I would wonder if her crop is slow. Maybe start with a bra and massage to move things through.

Hopefully others will chime in with some ideas.

Her breath smells bad and at the moment her crop is soft and squishy.
It has been kind of continuous. It's been sour crop, then it's seemed impacted, then sour again... I don't know what the problem is. I can try a crop bra if that will help her. Does it sound like she might have a slow crop?

46929E90-7E30-4EEB-A7E3-A39B3D5F6F72.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom