HELP how to stop bleeding *(update)*

cheapcheap_jeepjeep

Songster
12 Years
Mar 12, 2007
Villa Grove
I posted in the behavior area that my pullet beat up my cockrel he is bleeding from the comb area. it will stop for a while but when be bends over to eat and pick at the ground it starts bleeding again. what can I put on it to stop the bleeding? I have him in the house in a small cage for now but he is not happy to be away from his girls. I also do not want him in there long to loss his pecking order.

Last edited:
They say to get bluecoat or wound care I could never find it so when it happened to my rooster I put neosporin on it I made sure it was clean first. I kept him separate for a day then put him back. I was also told to put pinetar on it. Hope this helps Micki

Haven't had to go through this, but these are the ideas I have gathered in my Chicken Notebook LOL!

Flour is supposed to help it clot, as well as they stypic pencils (sp??) they sell for dogs.

I bet if you just keep him where he is, fairly quiet, it'll clot by tomorrow on it's own and he'll be ok to go back. I agree with the bluekote though. It'll keep the other chickens from pecking at it and reopening the wound.

Meghan

Thanks all I have the flour. So I tried that I don't have the other stuff, but I have him inside. I also hope to get the stained blood color off his white feathers being a white rock it is really easy to see.

I will see how the flour works for now seeing I have to go to work and the DH will have to watch him and the kids
fl.gif

Thanks for the help. He is much better now. I used the flour,and it did the job. I also left him the house over nite and he was placed out with his flock this afternoon, (while I watched them for a long time. ) I figured out why the problem. he was trying to mate them and the said HECK NO!!!!! My other roo tried it today to and got the same answer. POOR BOYS>

Back
Top Bottom