HELP IDENTIFYING AND SEXING CHICKS

Pics
As for IDing weather they are EE(Americana) or Prairie Bluebells...
I have noticed when I get Tractor Supply Easter Eggers that they have a pouf of feathers, aka hair, on top of their head, with no muff or beard.
Prairie Bluebell Egger have muff/beard and no pouf of feathers on their heads. My other observation with Prairie Bluebell Egger is that they have a deep blue/green colored feet.

As for IDing weather they are EE(Americana) or Prairie Bluebells...
I have noticed when I get Tractor Supply Easter Eggers that they have a pouf of feathers, aka hair, on top of their head, with no muff or beard.
Prairie Bluebell Egger have muff/beard and no pouf of feathers on their heads. My other observation with Prairie Bluebell Egger is that they have a deep blue/green colored feet.
I have never seen Tractor Supply Easter Eggers have crests before (assuming that is what you mean by a "pouf of feathers".) It might be different depending on where you live but I have had many Easter Eggers from Tractor Supply and none have crests. The main difference I would say is in color, as the majority of Tractor Supply's Easter Eggers have that plumage that is close to partridge (but not exact, I don't know what to call it so I am making a comparison.)

I have never seen Tractor Supply Easter Eggers have crests before (assuming that is what you mean by a "pouf of feathers".) It might be different depending on where you live but I have had many Easter Eggers from Tractor Supply and none have crests. The main difference I would say is in color, as the majority of Tractor Supply's Easter Eggers have that plumage that is close to partridge (but not exact, I don't know what to call it so I am making a comparison.)
I am in PA, and yes the word crest just wasn't coming to my mind at the moment. :)

So yesterday when I got the white EE , they also had Silver laced whyandottes and golden laced . They said they were all sexed female … I said I didn’t think that was possible . He said he knows bc he personally ordered them from Hoovers Hatchery and they are pre sexed ….

So yesterday when I got the white EE , they also had Silver laced whyandottes and golden laced . They said they were all sexed female … I said I didn’t think that was possible . He said he knows bc he personally ordered them from Hoovers Hatchery and they are pre sexed ….
Pullet bins at Tractor Supply are practically straight run bins, I wouldn't trust their employees. Vent-sexing is not an entirely accurate way of telling the gender.

Wanted to get some of your guys opinions on this. I took these pictures today and as I mentioned in the box that I got these chicks, there were Prairie bluebells and also Easter eggers . As they get older, I’m starting to wonder if you guys think the brown and black is a prairie bluebell female and the white and gray is an Easter acre or Americana because of her larger head and beard.

Attachments

• IMG_7609.png
    IMG_7609.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7611.png
    IMG_7611.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7608.png
    IMG_7608.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7610.png
    IMG_7610.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
Wanted to get some of your guys opinions on this. I took these pictures today and as I mentioned in the box that I got these chicks, there were Prairie bluebells and also Easter eggers . As they get older, I’m starting to wonder if you guys think the brown and black is a prairie bluebell female and the white and gray is an Easter acre or Americana because of her larger head and beard.
Can you get better pictures of them standing in a natural position?

Back
Top Bottom