HELP IDENTIFYING AND SEXING CHICKS

Hey yall here’s an updated picture 8 weeks old ! Loves being held and sitting on my shoulder . Hope she’s a female 🤞🏼

Attachments

• IMG_7813.png
    IMG_7813.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7812.png
    IMG_7812.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7810.png
    IMG_7810.png
    2 MB · Views: 12
Hey yall here’s an updated picture 8 weeks old ! Loves being held and sitting on my shoulder . Hope she’s a female 🤞🏼
Cockerel. For your information, when cockerels get to their raging hormone stage at about six months old, do not let them on your shoulder for safety reasons (unless they still act really affectionate with you like they would never do any harm to you.) A cockerel who is getting changed by his hormones may start to see you as vulnerable, because if you let him on your shoulder, then he is as high as you, which means he could go even higher than you and attack your face when you least expect it. Then you are less dominant than him. You're not doing anything wrong, but I wanted to warn you about it! Cockerels are crazy, and they happen to almost always be the sweet ones when they are young!

Cockerel. For your information, when cockerels get to their raging hormone stage at about six months old, do not let them on your shoulder for safety reasons (unless they still act really affectionate with you like they would never do any harm to you.) A cockerel who is getting changed by his hormones may start to see you as vulnerable, because if you let him on your shoulder, then he is as high as you, which means he could go even higher than you and attack your face when you least expect it. Then you are less dominant than him. You're not doing anything wrong, but I wanted to warn you about it! Cockerels are crazy, and they happen to almost always be the sweet ones when they are young!
Thank you for that ! I’ll make sure he stays low to the ground 😄 and I’ll keep updating the older they get for sure !

Update on some other chicks and Bantams

Attachments

• IMG_7902.jpeg
    IMG_7902.jpeg
    704.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7899.jpeg
    IMG_7899.jpeg
    711 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7904.jpeg
    IMG_7904.jpeg
    757.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7900.jpeg
    IMG_7900.jpeg
    795.4 KB · Views: 10
Pretty sure EE can’t be sexed this early but I have the 2 I posted most recently and one is all white the other is white with some other black and grey… they were in the same batch both labeled as Americauna which I know 99% they probably are not . But based off the wing length I know females tend to develop longer wings and tail feathers faster than males . Would love your guys opinions on these 2 as of 2 weeks old .

Attachments

• IMG_7915.jpeg
    IMG_7915.jpeg
    389.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7914.jpeg
    IMG_7914.jpeg
    387.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7899.jpeg
    IMG_7899.jpeg
    711 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7898.jpeg
    IMG_7898.jpeg
    819.9 KB · Views: 4
I would guess first is male and second is female.

The first seems to have a white wing "cap," the second has more defined feathers and well defined head spots.

Back
Top Bottom