HELP !! idk what’s wrong with my chicken

kaliaaaaaas

In the Brooder
Dec 27, 2022
hello so my chicken has been acting weird it has been making this gagging motion (mouth closed) and i can see that it’s crop looks bigger than usual does anyone know what’s wrong? and i noticed that it’s acting quieter than usual

Attachments

• 1AB8CCB1-6224-42F2-A203-71FA6836EA70.jpeg
    1AB8CCB1-6224-42F2-A203-71FA6836EA70.jpeg
    406.7 KB · Views: 19
hello so my chicken has been acting weird it has been making this gagging motion (mouth closed) and i can see that it’s crop looks bigger than usual does anyone know what’s wrong? and i noticed that it’s acting quieter than usual
what does the crop feel like? what has your chicken been acting like? could you please send a picture of the whole chicken? what has it been eating? have you had your chicken on supplements recently? and is it cold where your chickens are staying?

sometimes a larger crop can be due to moldy or wet food, eating undigestible foods, unclean water, bacteria intake, or recent antibiotic treatment reactions. after i have some more information, i can help further. but in the meantime i hope someone else helps!

what does the crop feel like? what has your chicken been acting like? could you please send a picture of the whole chicken? what has it been eating? have you had your chicken on supplements recently? and is it cold where your chickens are staying?
the crop feels like it regularly does , my chicken has been acting very normal and even layed an egg this morning until i noticed the swollen crop, my chicken has been eating grains and free ranging, no it hasn’t had any supplements and yes it’s cold the temperatures have been in the 20-40’s and the chicken is back to making clucking noises and starting to act normal again but it is still doing the gagging motions not a frequently as before

Attachments

• 95DEC1E4-15DE-4F09-9E49-FDCC12AF96F2.jpeg
    95DEC1E4-15DE-4F09-9E49-FDCC12AF96F2.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 6
  • EA490C84-4A7C-4FA5-B9E8-D7C3014D40D2.jpeg
    EA490C84-4A7C-4FA5-B9E8-D7C3014D40D2.jpeg
    354.6 KB · Views: 6
  • C0CB782D-9A7E-4871-A3DD-7824F0019456.jpeg
    C0CB782D-9A7E-4871-A3DD-7824F0019456.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 6
the crop feels like it regularly does , my chicken has been acting very normal and even layed an egg this morning until i noticed the swollen crop, my chicken has been eating grains and free ranging, no it hasn’t had any supplements and yes it’s cold the temperatures have been in the 20-40’s and the chicken is back to making clucking noises and starting to act normal again but it is still doing the gagging motions not a frequently as before
okay, sounds good. everything your doing sounds great, thank you for taking time to answer those questions!! so, with the temperature swings, the chickens body goes through many changes trying to acclimate to the weather. just keep the chickens warm with fresh water, plenty clean food, lots of straw, a heat lamp, and if necessary something like a tarp to protect the shelter from wind. also, you may need to put red pepper flakes in with the food, as chickens cannot taste spice, but it warms their bodies!

ok ! and do you think the chicken will be ok and safe to put with the others? i’m pretty sure that the gagging motions has stopped but i’m not sure

Back
Top Bottom