Help, I'm Lonely

Super Admin

Chirping
13 Years
Dec 26, 2006
Hi, my name is Viola and I am very sad.
sad.png
Mom wouldn't accept me with all the others. I am in a cardboard box under a UV light. I peep as loud as I can, calling for my siblings and I do not sleep unless held. What's more I am always trying to escape, even though hardware cloth is covering my box. I just get my head stuck in it whenever I make a leap for it. Can you give my foster family any advice?? Thanks.

you know those little chicks toys they're selling at toys r us? they act just like chicks and you can buy a couple of them so your chickie isn't so lonely. stuffed animals also work.

Or, bring a couple of the other ones in to be with her... 3 aren't really any more trouble than one lone one. They'll keep Viola company and all huddle together for warmth and company.

Poor little viola
sad.png
This just happened to me only I was too late trying to rescue the chick and mama had scalped it, poor baby didn't make it thru the night. I agree with the others when they say put another chick or 2 in with her, this will also help when you integrate them with the flock once they get older. Integrating one lone chicken into the flock usually results in that poor chicken getting the tar beat out of her.

As of yesterday morning, we had 3 silkies(2 x 2mths and 1 x1mth), the 2mth'rs will peck the poo out of the young one so we've had to keep her with us :)

As of yesterday evening, we now have 6 silkies....We went and bought another 2mth old(for a companion) and 2 1mth olds...Well, the new older one is bigger and ruling the brooder with pecks already scaring the poo out of the lil ones(even the ones he lived with before) and defeating the purpose of the integration...

The new older one wants to act like a big boy, he may have go spend some time with them...Hopefully that goes well, if not, we're in a quandary...

Last edited:
:DThanks everyone. We put her in her brooder with a stuffed animal. We decided not to bring in a chick from outside because Momma is border-line lunatic already. I think losing another chick would send her over the edge. We invented a "peep pouch"
wink.png
a bucket hat with a handwarmer in it covered be a hankerchief. I attached a strip of ribbon to the sides with safety pins so the ribbon will go around your neck and the hat rest on your chest. Vi loves it because she can be close to us. So far she is crying less and less.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom