HELP MY CHICK

MyCuteCoop

Chirping
Jun 25, 2018
Its acting Unconscious for some reason. Breathing, but won’t do anything and eyes are closed. He cheeped loudly only once while I was holding him. He’s pooping blood as well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    465.4 KB · Views: 16
Sounds like cocsideosis or just needs to be dewormed i would take him/her to the local vet if possible. And also put a splash of apple cider vinegar ACV into the waterer if you have any questions feel free to ask. Good Luck And God Bless!!!:thumbsup

Do you think he got injured somehow (dog or bigger animal)? Try to stay calm and gentle with him see if you can find any wounds look him all over right down to the skin. If you’re calm he’ll be calm

Yes that could be the case but if you dont se any injurys please do it a favor and bring it to a vet otherwise if it dosent get any better you may need to cull to end its suffering

I know it’s a hard time to text right now. But the more you can tell us hopefully the more we can help. Wherever you keep your chickens did you notice anything that looked different, out of place, did they get into anything that they shouldn’t of? Take a breath stay calm and look around....think

Its acting Unconscious for some reason. Breathing, but won’t do anything and eyes are closed. He cheeped loudly only once while I was holding him. He’s pooping blood as well
Bloody poop is Coccidiosis. Your chick needs a Coccidiostat, not a de-wormer.

Go to Tractor supply and look in the cattle section for Corid. Start the chick immediately on Corid.

Dosage is 1 1/2 teaspoons Corid powder or 2 teaspoons of 9.6% Corid liquid per gallon of water.
Give for 5-7 days - make sure this is the ONLY water available during that time period. Mix a fresh batch at least once a day.

web_corid-grp.jpg

I know it’s a hard time to text right now. But the more you can tell us hopefully the more we can help. Wherever you keep your chickens did you notice anything that looked different, out of place, did they get into anything that they shouldn’t of? Take a breath stay calm and look around....think
Will your parents let you bring him inside? Is there a adult that could help you?

Back
Top Bottom