HELP my duck doesnt eat

I think a watery soup made of his feed is a good idea he can drink it instead of eating ( soupy) since he’s drinking. I don’t know about a stroke it could be possible I’ve never heard of a duck having one. Also if you can get by some B Complex Vitamins to add to his drinking water or soup he may even have a niacin deficiency here in the US we can get a liquid BComplex in some feed stores are you in the US?
I am from europe and he has eaten some grass today and dried mealworms i will try the soup too.

Could he have possibly gotten ahold of something that he ate that he was not supposed to. Any type of poison around for possibly mice or insects. That would possibly make him act that way. If so you cold try to get activated charcoal in his water to dilute the poison. I pray that he gets better soon.
No poisons around thank you i hope so too

I am from europe and he has eaten some grass today and dried mealworms i will try the soup too.
Please keep us updated on him. Like @ruthhope mentioned keep him quiet for now is best stress can make things a lot worse. Even older ducks can be niacin deficient it can cause them to lose balance and eventually become lame and if not treated it can kill them. I have no idea if this is even a possibility but we have to start somewhere and eliminate. Toxins can include plants that are poisonous to animals, sragnet water even something dead like a mouse.

Please keep us updated on him. Like @ruthhope mentioned keep him quiet for now is best stress can make things a lot worse. Even older ducks can be niacin deficient it can cause them to lose balance and eventually become lame and if not treated it can kill them. I have no idea if this is even a possibility but we have to start somewhere and eliminate. Toxins can include plants that are poisonous to animals, sragnet water even something dead like a mouse.
That video was from 3 days ago he does eat plants in the garden. normally he loves to be inside with us but now he only wants to be outside in the sun and drink water from his pool. There are alot of Dandelion outside is that bad?

Sorry for the different account post i forgot my password.

Im very scared :(

That video was from 3 days ago he does eat plants in the garden. normally he loves to be inside with us but now he only wants to be outside in the sun and drink water from his pool. There are alot of Dandelion outside is that bad?

Sorry for the different account post i forgot my password.
No dandelions are not harmful.
You may have some of these plants in your garden so i am sending this list even though it says north America
https://www.chickens.allotment-gard...sonous-plants-toxic-to-poultry-north-america/

on this one listed is blue-green algae
https://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/livestock/poultry/plants-poisonous-to-poultry/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom