Help my egg is busted!

GunnyBun

Songster
Apr 29, 2020
So I went to candle my eggs today and realized that the broody had accidentally cracked one of her eggs. I was wondering if this would be a problem because I was letting her get them good and started then I was going to move them to the incubator to finish the process. Now I'm wondering if because of the crack I should move to the bator now to prevent infection or contamination on the egg?

So I went to candle my eggs today and realized that the broody had accidentally cracked one of her eggs. I was wondering if this would be a problem because I was letting her get them good and started then I was going to move them to the incubator to finish the process. Now I'm wondering if because of the crack I should move to the bator now to prevent infection or contamination on the egg?
Can you post a pic? How bad is the damage? Is the membrane broken?

Can you post a pic? How bad is the damage? Is the membrane broken?
I'm trying, I tried in the post but the pic wouldn't load. The membrane is not broke but there are few bits of shell that are broke away. I put him in the incubator, not real sure what the temp should be? Any suggestions?

I'm trying, I tried in the post but the pic wouldn't load. The membrane is not broke but there are few bits of shell that are broke away. I put him in the incubator, not real sure what the temp should be? Any suggestions?
99.5 Fahrenheit. He should hopefully be ok. Do you know how far along he is? I wouldn't turn it anymore.

99.5 Fahrenheit. He should hopefully be ok. Do you know how far along he is? I wouldn't turn it anymore.
Ok great that's what I had it on! He is only a week along, I had them setting a week yesterday.

My hen did that to. I put coconut oil on And put on the incabator, then put it back with her the any ate the chick in side. So if you have an incabator than I would put it in there. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom