Help??!!! New Hova Bator Digital 1588

tiedyechick

Chirping
Apr 26, 2015
Ontario
I just bought a new Digital Hova Bator 1588
It claims to be preset. But I've had it running for 12 hours (with no eggs) and my 3 thermometers say its running hot.

I HAVE EGGS COMING TOMORROW!!!

The break down of my issue:

Digital display reads that its set to 37.7C (99.9F) and is displaying that the incubator is at 37.7C (99.9F)

Thermometer 1 - 37.9 (100.2F) (is a probe through the vent hole sitting just above the egg turner

Thermometer 2 - 38.5 (101.3F) (Mercury Thermometer sitting on the egg turner)

Thermometer 3 - 39C (102.2) (Shitty $3 canadian tire Thermometer that i used as a sole thermometer in my cooler bator last year with a hatch rate of 7 out of 10 With it reading about a steady 37.4 C (99.3F )

I calibrated thermometer 1 & 2 in ice water that are reading accurate.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO?
or how to adjust the thermostat if that's whats need? Seems shitty to have to do that when it claims to have come preset.

HELP

It's ok, just turn the incubator down until your calibrated thermometers read the correct temp. (between 99.5 and 100.5 degrees F. I like to hatch as close to 100 degrees as possible.) The incubator is only slightly off, a few decimal points of a degree. IMO you should throw out the cheap thermometer. You get what you pay for as far as thermometers go, and thermometers can go bad over time.

Here is the owner's manual for the HovaBator 1588. It tells you how to adjust the thermostat. Make sure to not make "willy nilly"on the fly temp adjustments. Only adjust up or down slightly at first, then wait for the temp to stabilize for awhile: http://www.poultrysupply.com/manuals/GQFNEW1588Genesis_from_Kemps_Koops.pdf

Hope you have a fantastic hatch!

Back
Top Bottom