Help Please! Chicks hatching and it's my first hatch.

JessicaCN2013

Hatching
May 5, 2016
Okay, so today is technically day 22. They started hatching this morning and i'm concerned because i see a few pip marks (not on all of them), but they aren't fallowing through with them. From my research it takes 12-24 hours, right?

Also, is it best to leave them in there until they're dry? I keep reading different things on that. One site said leave them in there until they're dry so they can absorb the yolk in their skin, but others say pull em out and put them under the lamp.

Also my humidity is floating between 64-68. Ya'll think that's good enough?

I feel like i'm worrying over nothing. How long does it take for ya'lls to hatch?

Okay, so today is technically day 22. They started hatching this morning and i'm concerned because i see a few pip marks (not on all of them), but they aren't fallowing through with them. From my research it takes 12-24 hours, right?

Also, is it best to leave them in there until they're dry? I keep reading different things on that. One site said leave them in there until they're dry so they can absorb the yolk in their skin, but others say pull em out and put them under the lamp.

Also my humidity is floating between 64-68. Ya'll think that's good enough?

I feel like i'm worrying over nothing. How long does it take for ya'lls to hatch?
I commented on your other thread, but I want to add, with them just pipping at day 22, you may want to adjust your heat up just slightly.

Mine seem to average between 12-18 hours overall, but I have a handful that push 24 and a very few that will pip and zip by 10 hours. I do start an assist after 24 hours if there is no progress whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom