help please I think my Ruby might be a Rudy..

You are describing a rooster :( To be sure, post an updated pic for us to look at.
it hasnt done a rooster dance that I know of but this is my first batch of chickens and I have much to learn but the feathers are long on the neck and pointy also there are feathers down the back that are coming in that are more golden and thiner then the rest of its feathers also pointy

Yesterday I heard a rooster crowing in the hen house at first I thought Oh No its ruby but after some investigating I found my easter egg layer crowing its little head off so now I may have 3 roo's on my hands. Im not sure what Im going to do just yet about this problem since I had only wanted one roo and that is my Jack whom I also noticed limping around the hen house tonight,I looked the little guy over and found no wound but he is surely hurt and not willing to stand on his right foot.I dont know what to do for him and I am worried about this I found Ruby in Jacks run along with my easteregg layer and I think perhaps one of them might have hurt him.I will have to reinforce the run so this dose not happen again and I will post some new pics of Ruby tomarrow in hope that someone may know for sure if he is a she or she is a he LOL thank you all for your help so far with my problem ..
idunno.gif

Jack is doing better he walks with a slight limp but seems to not mind it much, he really is the sweetest of all my birds.I think he will heal well and Im hoping to hear him crow soon .For the most part all he dose is this sweet little song like chirp and though it sounds lovely Im routing for him to git his big boy crow on.. I will post a pic of him with this post..

I will take a better picture later I was being chased by some hens who thought my toes made a good snack, in the pic Jack was hidding in my shed so sorry for the mess lol..

Back
Top Bottom