HELP!! sexing 4 week old barnevelder chicks

rileyepperson24

In the Brooder
Aug 14, 2021
Portland, Oregon
help!!! we just bought 2 barnevelder chicks that were said to be female but one of them seems to be an imposter. he/she has a slightly larger comb than the other, it’s back feathers are growing in more slowly, it’s tail sticks up a little more, it’s legs are more yellow and it’s very outgoing.
22C46C28-B16A-46A0-8755-90D0C8DB1800.jpeg

41F51580-7AA3-41F2-AFC3-5F1B31C8E139.jpeg

^^^this is Beaker (the suspect)
A8795D95-2D81-43A4-B44A-3E8990FC8B67.jpeg

03EC6CD4-04A1-4F27-9AF2-655AE0F67790.jpeg

and this is bean, we don’t suspect her.

what are y’all’s thoughts????

Try not to worry just yet. I've seen a lot bigger combs on 4 week old cockerels. One decent comparison tool is look at the legs and feet. If they are roughly the same size and thickness, chances are they're the same gender. Also if the coloration of the feathers is the same on both - you're probably looking at 2 girls, fingers crossed.

i’m so mad that they kissed theyre the same person!!!!
Hah! It’s funny how so many fans have different perspectives. Personally, I’m a big fan of the romance. I found it adorable. My reasoning was that they’re obviously genetically divergent - him having pale skin, wavy black hair, and pale blue eyes, along with being quite tall compared to her. She looks much different, with her dark blue eyes and curly blonde hair. I understand that their backgrounds are the same- but they’re also not; given the fact that she was erased at a young age and grew up virtually alone, away from all the events that the Loki on the Sacred Timeline was supposed to cause or experience.

So different past, different personality, and different appearance made the awkward romance something I thought was a-ok and super sweet.
Loki was already one of my favorite characters. I knew there was good in him. It just took a pretty, vengeful, unstable woman with superpowers to bring it out.
If she brings out the best in him, who cares?
The show was also just super well-made and hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom