Help sexing wyandotte chickens- 2 weeks on update

From what I've been able to tell, is that Wyandottes (hens or cockerels) all get redder and larger combs much faster than other breeds. The hens feather out faster in the tail and their lacing pattern is all over. Males don't really have the lacing pattern on their backs. Looking from a birds eye view down on their backs, the females will have a very obvious lacing pattern where the boys will not, or it will be very muddled.

Mine are now 6 weeks and some what much redder combs and waddles than the others. The ones with less red combs are more splash coloring than BLR... Which would be the males?

Anyone want to give me more opinions if this is a roo? 10 weeks today

Chooks 1, 2, and 6 are pullets (really pretty Blue Australorp, BTW!). I have a few SLW left, but all were pullets. I suspect the rest of yours are, too, but feel confident about 1 and 2. Not familiar enough with the others and/or photo quality to say. Fingers crossed for girls!

The black birds in the front are astrolps (sp) the other one looks like a cockerel but does not have the tail feathers as mentioned. It also has larger legs than the others so it makes me lean cockerel. It will either crow or lay.I know.

Last edited:
The three silvers are Roosters. Pinked combs, and wattle development. The Pullets would have peachy colored combs, and no wattle development.

Back
Top Bottom