HELP! They changed the feed! Only 22% protein!!!

Wifezilla

Positively Ducky
11 Years
Oct 2, 2008
Colorado
I can no longer get game bird/meat bird starter. Naturewise stopped making 28% starter and now just has a generic 22% protein crumble.

NOW WHAT?!?!?!

I have found a great game bird feed online, but with shipping I am sure it is going to end up costing me around $50/bag.

What could I supplement their feed with to get that protein level up?

Last edited:
Im interested as well. My place has a limited supply of gamebird feed and even it is only 24 percent. Other than that, all I can get is the dumor chick starter and purina flock raiser. I really dont want to order it. Id be better off have the feed mill special make me something. Both ways would be equally expensive im sure. Ive been giving them boiled egg crumbles and worms, hoping that it will boost the protein.

I'll check in to the cost of fish meal. Cat fish food is not something common around here. Colorado is not known for its catfish
tongue.png

Quote:
This problem is becoming too common! Makes me appreciate "choice" more and more every time I read about somebody with this prolem. I really hope you find a soultion.
smile.png

Quaillady, I have ages from 10 weeks to 3 years, but I will be hatching more. I'm not so worried about the adults, but it will be an issue for new chicks.

JJMR, can you believe there isn't a single Purina dealer in my town? Closest one is at least an hour away round trip.

Since I can almost throw a rock from my house to the Big R, it will most likely be more economical to supplement the 22%.

Well PHOOEY!

Last edited:
Well If You Absolutely Must Play Mad Scientist In Order To Acheive Your Goals Use Soybean Meal... Its Protien Is Usually Around 48-50% And Is An Integral Part Of The Gbs Formula To Start With. Since I Have Never Seen A Quail With Scales Or Barbels (tho The Whole Barbel Idea Does Sound Kinda Cool...:p ) And Since They Arent Pelicans I'd Stay With A Naturally Occuring Substance In Their Diet Range

Back
Top Bottom