HELP: UNEXPECTED FLOCK ARRIVAL

Birds that are still growing need lots of (animal) protein and a source of calcium too to build strong healthy bones.
Try field peas for plant protein but be careful not to surpass the amount of max. 30% of their intake.

Mix some greek yoghurt and fine rolled oats with the crushed corn and field peas to give them some animal.protein

Can you guys maybe help me identify these girls breed?
20240511_180014.jpg

These main three are sisters. Image quality not so great... Not the best phone. The other two (reddish brown one and the black one I've named Henrietta, long story) I'd also like to know which breed

Attachments

• 20240512_173812.jpg
    20240512_173812.jpg
    579.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240512_173045.jpg
    20240512_173045.jpg
    638.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240512_173054.jpg
    20240512_173054.jpg
    644 KB · Views: 10
Did you order males too?

To me it looks as if two are males. The red one in your second picture and in the third picture the one in the front right side.

If you post clear pictures of each we will be able to help you with their gender. With regard to their breed, to me in your pictures so far they look like mixed breeds

Did you order males too?

To me it looks as if two are males. The red one in your second picture and in the third picture the one in the front right side.

If you post clear pictures of each we will be able to help you with their gender. With regard to their breed, to me in your pictures so far they look like mixed breeds
No we were told all females...

You have at least one male (the black and white w/ dark red on the wings), can't really see well on the others. A lot of comb on the all reddish one too but since we don't know what breed these are I'm less sure about that one.

Since you said you weren't ready for them yet both in terms of housing and feed and didn't ask for any boys, I'm wondering if it'd be better to just ask the former owner to pick up the whole group, and not accept any birds until you're actually ready to receive them. Might also want to read up on how to tell males from females to ensure you only receive girls, if you're not interested in keeping a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom