Help with Montgomery Wards (Old) incubator parts

Apprentice_egger

Songster
12 Years
Nov 26, 2009
Morrisville, Vermont
Hello friends,

I did a search and couldn't come up with a valid link to the person who's been mentioned on here before as having parts for old incubators, or at least the information for them. I helped my friend purchase a Montgomery Wards incubator yesterday form a Craig's List posting and he's looking for the 6V indicator lamp. Could these possibly still be found at Radio Shack?

I'd still like to know who has the information on the old style incubators though. I know I went to his website the last time this was posted, but somehow I forgot to bookmark it or something else happened to the bookmark.

Thank you.

P.S. I've lent my LG to my friend so I'm not currently doing any hatching. I hope this changes soon
smile.png
he.gif

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
We actually found some 6V bulbs at our local ACE Hardware store. A 2 pk was $4.40 or there abouts. Now he needs to find the wick for the original Hydrometer. We both know it's out there and similarly easy to find, but we're just not sure where to source it.

Thanks for the other good tips. And Radio Shack no longer carries this style of bulb for some stupid reason. I used to work for RS and they've been going downhill steadily from what they used to be when I was a kid, and it's really a shame. Soon they will be Clock Radio Shack. Anyone remember Tandy??

Keep em warm friends.
jumpy.gif
thumbsup.gif

I remember Tandy. My DH worked at Radio Shack as a kid and we go there all the time, and then usually end up looking elsewhere. They have really changed over the years. They used to really have all the stuff for us DIY types. Not any more.

Back
Top Bottom