HELP with window covering

Super Admin

Chirping
13 Years
Dec 26, 2006
36073_fullhouse.jpg

36073_house.jpg

36073_img_1936.jpg

We have built an open air housing, which we are still in the process of finishing but did some poor planning. We really want to put an overhand on the window to block rain and that was an after thought. Our original plan was to keep panels we cut out, hinge them and use that but it will not work with the door in the run where it is and changing the door is NOT an option. Trying to figure out how I can make a sort of awning that I can put up and down over window. Any suggestions anyone?? Thanks.

WE USED PLEXI GLASS FRAMED LIKE A PICTURE FRAME (WOOD ON ALL SIDES) AND THEN WE USED AN EYE HOOK TO LIFT IT OPEN.
29072_120_0970.jpg

WE LEAVE IT OPEN WHEN IT'S HOT AND IT'S 'LOCKED' DOWN (EYE HOOK @ THE BOTTOM AS WELL) IN THE COLDER WEATHER. THAT WAY THE COOP STILL HAS THE NECESSARY LIGHT IN IT AND IT'S CLOSED UP AS WELL. JUST AN IDEA. PERHAPS THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?

Is it possible to shorten the height of the door to the run about 6 inches to clear a awning?
I think you would also have to change the swing of your door to make it open the opposite of the way it is now, To clear
the arm for the awning.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom