HELP!

hypnofrogstevie

chick magnet
16 Years
Jul 12, 2007
Newport, MI
My mom just bought hom a baby beagle pup with cut paws. She was found on the side of the road. She has a collar but no tag. She is bringing home another one in a few secs. What should I do to keep her calm?

Oh poor thing, you probably know more about dogs than I do - its going to be tough to keep those little paws clean, might have to clean them a few times a day I would think!
I hope they're not TOO badly hurt!

Last edited:
I used peroxide on the paws with papertowles. The tail is bloody. She is so cute. Has to be 2 months old. I am thinking of going on craigslist and seeing if they lost a dog. And ask them to describe the collar so I dont get people that will steal it

Just got the second dog. They are so adorable. They look like my beagle homer
smile.png
. Poor things have thorns in there ears and on there body

Good job. Keep feet clean with peroxide. Can use antibiotic ointment, i.e. neosporin on other cuts, but they will probably lick it off.
big_smile.png

If you advertise for owners, you can also ask they bring a picture with them (or email you one) if they come look at the dog and you can verify ownership in addition to describing the collar.

Peroxide will actually damage raw skin. Dilute it with sterile water. You can also make your own saline and rinse them. 1 tbsp salt and boiled in a quart of water. Cool before using. Iodine wash would be good too. The peroxide has a real burn to it on an open wound.

We rescued a Dane when I was younger who had problems with his toe nails falling out due to malnutrition. When we needed to clean the area/put neosporin on, we wrapped it lightly with gauze and then fashioned an old sock around it. (Fitting it to the foot with tape so it didn't slip off) He was peeved having it on his foot for a few minutes before forgetting it all together. If you want to keep some antibiotic ointment on the feet wounds, I'd suggest that so they don't lick it off and it keeps the area clean
smile.png

The ad was placed on craigslist. Hopefully the owners where see it. I feel so sad wondering if there is a little girl or boy who is missing her pups
sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE vet wrap! You could always clean the paws, wrap them with gauze and then make little booties out of vet wrap. That is what we would do for the dogs with paw injuries at the vet office in blairstown that I used to work for.

Back
Top Bottom