HELP!

Cheeks

Songster
12 Years
May 10, 2007
Ohio
the city i live in is trying to force me to get rid of my babies arguing that chickens are not tamed and domesticated, therefore are not considered pets! HELP ME WIN MY CASE ON MONDAY!

I would see what the actual worded laws are for your area. Without knowing that, I'm not sure how to direct you. If you can get that information tomorrow, we all may be able to help you for Monday.

Well... you could argue that they're no different from ferrets or rabbits -- that they live mostly in cages and are quiet. You could mention that the law was probably designed to keep noisy roosters out of neighborhoods, but that hens make WAY less noise than the average dog.
smile.png

You know, people are bitten and hurt by dogs all the time, but a hen in a coop isn't going to attack the neighbors...

Last edited:
i have it. let me go get the paper and type it out for you. DONT LEAVE.

and the laws for my city is pretty vague. i think i might be able to win because of it.

Well, for one... You can tell them chickens are domesticated animals... so are cows and sheep... as they are for sure not wild animals. I agree, some of their offical wording needs to be found to make a good argument. Just put them in the house on some diapers and it will be fine :p

CO 1151 states that the only animals, fish, fowl, amphibians, insects, reptiles, or other non-human creatures that may be raised, bred, or intentionally kept on a residential lot are those that meet certain standards. such creatures must be a dog, cat, or other specie of animal, fish, fowl, amphibian, or reptile which species is commonly deemed in this city to be tamed and domesticated, or which is commonly deemed to be a pet kept inside a residence.

i know! i just dont know how to prove it without the judge actually visiting them.

i have pictures of me with them as evidence though, but the city says that i have a fat chance of winning regardless.

...is commonly deemed in this city to be tamed and domesticated, or which is commonly deemed to be a pet kept inside a residence.

I see a lot of dogs that are NOT kept inside a residence, nor are they tame.​

Back
Top Bottom