HELP!

familyfarm1

Crowing
6 Years
Jun 9, 2013
Northern Virginia
My hen was attacked by a hawk, I think it's dying. Any advice? Should I just let it sit there or do something for it?
[[/VIDEO][/VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:
I can't get a good picture. So, the only injury I can see is blood coming somewhere from her head. When I pick her up her neck acts weird. I'm very scared of hurting her . PLEASE HELP ME!

Keep her in a warm, dark place for a few hours and see if she perks up. If she does perk up, inspect her wounds and treat them appropriately then. Treating her now could kill her.

-Kathy

X2

She could be in shock and you do not want to make it worse. Dark and quiet and warm is what she needs for a bit. Giver her time to come around some. I would say make sure she has water she can get to easily and in a couple hours offer her some of her favorite foods. Just a little since you would not want her to pig out just yet. Not knowing her injuries.

I found a big cut underneath her feathers on her neck, almost like a hole, I'm freaking out! What should I dou? I put some cornstarch on the cut to stop the bleeding.

Last edited:
You should put her in a box on a towel, not shavings, it will help keep her wounds cleaner and make cleaning them easier.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom