Another Mule load of bedding taken out of the goat house today. I replanted one area where the seed didn't grow. And raked up Another area that has not been cultivated until today. Planted more seed. Not too much more to plant in that area. I may plant some outside the regular pastures too. Lots to do.

Rule of twos....
Make it twice as big as you think you need, walk in....
Put in twice the amount of ventilation you think you need.
It will cost twice as much as you planned.
It will take twice as long to build as you thought it would.

If this is your first flock build coop first, then get chicks.
Since you built it bigger build in a in coop brooder/chicken jail.
Dirt floor for DLM

Gary
Oh so, so true 😂

Hi hun, another thing, depending on where you live is window shutters /insulation. I have polystyrene sheets that clip into the window frames and keep it warmer in the cold snaps. Depending on how cold it is depends on how many I put in.
I do have lots of other ventilation too of course not just the windows 😊 lots, and lots and lots 😂
Oh the windows are rodent proof mesh. Unfortunately it doesn’t stop the mosquitoes but I hang fly paper to get some of them 🦟
Hugz

Hi hun, another thing, depending on where you live is window shutters /insulation. I have polystyrene sheets that clip into the window frames and keep it warmer in the cold snaps. Depending on how cold it is depends on how many I put in.
I do have lots of other ventilation too of course not just the windows 😊 lots, and lots and lots 😂
Oh the windows are rodent proof mesh. Unfortunately it doesn’t stop the mosquitoes but I hang fly paper to get some of them 🦟
Hugz
Welcome to the thread!

just checking in.
waiting for the tractor fixit guy to show up and take my tractor to his shop and put in a new engine oil pump.
he should be here within the hour..
too cold to do anything outside. 29F today.
I have been hanging in the house.
I drew up plans for a multi purpose mobile work bench for in the shop.
If it works as I expect it to, I will use it while I put it up for sale.. if it sells, I will do it again..
I did that with chicken pluckers. I sold five of them..

I have been working hard on getting some new soil mixed to add to the original garden beds. Sand, dirt with clay, peat moss, manure , and ash. Ash from the fire pit, I have to sift through it and remove the nails and screws.
Ceramics class tonight, that's always fun. Sea serpent showing good progress.

I have been working hard on getting some new soil mixed to add to the original garden beds. Sand, dirt with clay, peat moss, manure , and ash. Ash from the fire pit, I have to sift through it and remove the nails and screws.
Ceramics class tonight, that's always fun. Sea serpent showing good progress.

don't use any ashes from black walnut trees.

Back
Top Bottom