hen drinking ALOT!!!!!!

Happyhenz

Songster
12 Years
Aug 15, 2007
Canberra Australia
I have a leghorn x hen who is drinking ALOT!
she is constantly at the water trough and is wet all around her next and breast.
I thought she had something stuck but i couldnt see anything and she was making a wheezing sound when i held her and there was water bubbling in her throat.
I have seperated her but just wondering what it could be???

...there is just too little info here to honestly make a guess...if it is hot then you need to be adding vit/electrolytes to their waterer (look at your feed store...hopefully they will have a section for pigeons because the pigeons electrolytes are fab and come in smaller packages)...
....change the birds diet to a wet mash and remove any scratch grains (change to grower crumble if you have to) ...you can make this by simply adding water to it but if you possibly can please cook up human oatmeal in water and mix through till clumply...they will usually prefer this more and the oatmeal helps in digestion... you can also offer free choice live-culture yogurt (not the desert/pasteurized one)

Last edited:
Yes, please provide more info. Is she eating, is she puffed up, everything you can see. Excessive drinking is also a sign of sour crop and a couple of other issues these guys can get.

Back
Top Bottom