Hen was eggbound (?). I removed and checked cavity with gloved finger. Should i flush with saline solution? Anything else? She's remaining in hen hous

greenporter

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 8, 2015
20230903_074833.jpg

No, I would just gently pull out the egg membrane and clean her up with a warm soak. Flushing should not be done, since it can introduce fecal bacteria from the vent up inside the oviduct. That can cause infection and lead to salpingitis or other infection. I once posted years ago here about flushing, after some more experienced people had recommended it. But I no longer do that.

No, I would just gently pull out the egg membrane and clean her up with a warm soak. Flushing should not be done, since it can introduce fecal bacteria from the vent up inside the oviduct. That can cause infection and lead to salpingitis or other infection. I once posted years ago here about flushing, after some more experienced people had recommended it. But I no longer do I

No, I would just gently pull out the egg membrane and clean her up with a warm soak. Flushing should not be done, since it can introduce fecal bacteria from the vent up inside the oviduct. That can cause infection and lead to salpingitis or other infection. I once posted years ago here about flushing, after some more experienced people had recommended it. But I no longer do that.
Too late for anything, she didn't make it.

Back
Top Bottom