Here we go again [Backyard Salmonella] - Wash you hands people!

Washing hands with soap and water is a pretty decent invention 🤣.
That being said, I think there must be something to individual risk based on past exposure. I've lived my life as a 'country kid' and let me tell you, you get filthy and you don't wash your hands while you're roaming around the farm. Maybe you wash them with the water in a water trough or creek but probably you forget because you're seven and your mum isn't there to nag at you. We ate a lot of stuff we just found out there. We drank from the water troughs, mosquito lavae and all. I've only twice got sick from the environment and both times it was eating chicken cooked at a restaurant. People maybe need to eat some more dirt. 🤔

Washing hands with soap and water is a pretty decent invention 🤣.
That being said, I think there must be something to individual risk based on past exposure. I've lived my life as a 'country kid' and let me tell you, you get filthy and you don't wash your hands while you're roaming around the farm. Maybe you wash them with the water in a water trough or creek but probably you forget because you're seven and your mum isn't there to nag at you. We ate a lot of stuff we just found out there. We drank from the water troughs, mosquito lavae and all. I've only twice got sick from the environment and both times it was eating chicken cooked at a restaurant. People maybe need to eat some more dirt. 🤔
:goodpost:

When I was a kid, my mother (a keen gardener) used to glance at my mucky hands and say "good source of trace elements".
I don't think she was joking!

The real question is will the powers that be spin this to make small time/hobby keepers the point of their attack? I am sure there will be something along the line "they don't have to go through the same safety measures as the big time farms do, we need to do something to even the field".... I hope I am wrong but here in the states I see more government intervention in many aspects of our lives.

The real question is will the powers that be spin this to make small time/hobby keepers the point of their attack? I am sure there will be something along the line "they don't have to go through the same safety measures as the big time farms do, we need to do something to even the field".... I hope I am wrong but here in the states I see more government intervention in many aspects of our lives.
That's not a real question. Of course they will. It was announced last year.

USDA Press Release

Back
Top Bottom